Best Use of "Scanty" in a Screenplay?
Doug Elrod
2016-12-02 20:11:24 UTC
While watching "Space Mutiny" in the recent Turkey Day lineup, I noticed that, like all the other times I've seen "Space Mutiny", one of the characters said the word "scanty".

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that this *tends* to indicate a movie of the not-so-good type. Has anyone found any movies that might be considered *good*, even with the use of said word?

(In this case, the main effect of it was to make me want to mount an INTERVENTION, but I guess unless a time machine becomes available, that's not too feasible :-)).

-Doug Elrod (***@cornell.edu)
Marc Bowden
2016-12-20 23:35:49 UTC
Post by Doug Elrod
While watching "Space Mutiny" in the recent Turkey Day lineup, I noticed that, like all the other times I've seen "Space Mutiny", one of the characters said the word "scanty".
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that this *tends* to indicate a movie of the not-so-good type. Has anyone found any movies that might be considered *good*, even with the use of said word?
(In this case, the main effect of it was to make me want to mount an INTERVENTION, but I guess unless a time machine becomes available, that's not too feasible :-)).
Honestly, Doug. Do you even remember where you *put* the "Intervention" banner?

--
Marc
Oh, hey, I wondered where I'd left this.