Rifftrax Live! "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians"
Salvatore
2013-12-06 15:11:00 UTC
Who else caught the "Starfighters" reference?
--
Blah blah bleh...
GCS/CM d(-)@>-- s+:- !a C++$ UBL++++$ L+$ W+++$ w M++ Y++ b++
Bice
2013-12-09 20:09:00 UTC
On Fri, 6 Dec 2013 15:11:00 +0000 (UTC), Salvatore
Post by Salvatore
Who else caught the "Starfighters" reference?
I remember there being mid-air refueling, but I'm not sure what the
specific Starfighters reference was.

My favorite bit was the Alex Trebek funeral march.

Anybody have tickets to the final Cinematic Titanic show in Philly? I
waited too long to look into it, and now it's sold out.

-- Bob
Salvatore
2013-12-10 15:03:08 UTC
Post by Salvatore
Who else caught the "Starfighters" reference?
I remember there being mid-air refueling, but I'm not sure what the
specific Starfighters reference was.
It was the humming of the "Starfighters" theme song: duhhhhh, duhhh duh
duhhhh duhhhhhhhh... (Kevin Murphy made the reference, by the way.)

In addition, Kevin made a very loud reference to Torgo's theme song, but
Mike called him out for pandering.
Post by Bice
My favorite bit was the Alex Trebek funeral march.
I'm amazed Joel didn't catch this in the original riffing!
Post by Bice
Anybody have tickets to the final Cinematic Titanic show in Philly? I
waited too long to look into it, and now it's sold out.
The only way I'd ever catch a show is by seeing it online, sadly.
Post by Bice
-- Bob
--
Blah blah bleh...
GCS/CM d(-)@>-- s+:- !a C++$ UBL++++$ L+$ W+++$ w M++ Y++ b++
Bice
2013-12-11 22:33:59 UTC
Post by Salvatore
Who else caught the "Starfighters" reference?
I remember there being mid-air refueling, but I'm not sure what the
specific Starfighters reference was.
It was the humming of the "Starfighters" theme song: duhhhhh, duhhh duh
duhhhh duhhhhhhhh... (Kevin Murphy made the reference, by the way.)
Oh, OK - I think I did recongize the tune when he hummed it as being
something from MST3K, but I didn't put two and two together.
Post by Salvatore
In addition, Kevin made a very loud reference to Torgo's theme song, but
Mike called him out for pandering.
That one I caught, and it seemed like most of the theater was about to
cheer for the Torgo theme, then Mike cut them short with the pandering
comment. It was perfectly timed.
Post by Salvatore
Post by Bice
Anybody have tickets to the final Cinematic Titanic show in Philly? I
waited too long to look into it, and now it's sold out.
The only way I'd ever catch a show is by seeing it online, sadly.
Was the Rifftrax show online? I took my daughter to see it at a local
theater because she had noticed a promo flyer for it when we went to
see the new Hunger Games movie (which could definitely use some
riffing).

-- Bob
Salvatore
2013-12-12 15:01:35 UTC
Post by Bice
Was the Rifftrax show online? I took my daughter to see it at a local
theater because she had noticed a promo flyer for it when we went to
see the new Hunger Games movie (which could definitely use some
riffing).
No, but I'm sure it'll be available on the Rifftrax site for download
soon. (That's how I got several other riffing videos.)
--
Blah blah bleh...
GCS/CM d(-)@>-- s+:- !a C++$ UBL++++$ L+$ W+++$ w M++ Y++ b++