Episode 1107 (very small spoilers)
Doug Elrod
2017-05-26 16:16:33 UTC
I didn't laugh as much at this one, probably because I was too distracted by the not-so-badness of the film :-). This occasionally happens. I almost even *cared* about the death of the "redshirts". Perhaps if I saw it again... hmmmm.

-Doug Elrod (***@cornell.edu) #ThisFilmIsOfCourseTheLandThatTimeForgot
"Oh no, the STYROFOAM RESERVES!" -Jonah
Bice
2017-05-29 19:45:24 UTC
On Fri, 26 May 2017 09:16:33 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod
Post by Doug Elrod
I didn't laugh as much at this one, probably because I was too
distracted by the not-so-badness of the film :-). This occasionally
happens. I almost even *cared* about the death of the "redshirts".
Perhaps if I saw it again... hmmmm.
That used to happen to me a lot back in the Comedy Central and Sci-Fi
days. For many of the movies, on the first viewing I'd actually be
"distracted" by following the movie itself, and then on second or
third viewing I'd really start to get the MST3K crew's jokes.

Still haven't seen any of the new episodes yet, since I don't have
Netflix.

-- Bob
Doug Elrod
2017-06-01 18:48:05 UTC
Post by Doug Elrod
I didn't laugh as much at this one, probably because I was too
distracted by the not-so-badness of the film :-). This occasionally
happens. I almost even *cared* about the death of the "redshirts".
Perhaps if I saw it again... hmmmm.
That used to happen to me a lot back in the Comedy Central and Sci-Fi
days. For many of the movies, on the first viewing I'd actually be
"distracted" by following the movie itself, and then on second or
third viewing I'd really start to get the MST3K crew's jokes.
Still haven't seen any of the new episodes yet, since I don't have
Netflix.
-- Bob
Perhaps you need to acquire a friend who has Netflix. I mean, the revival of MST3K is just THAT GOOD! ;-)

-Doug Elrod (***@cornell.edu)
So, a WWII-era German submarine has machinery to refine crude oil into fuel, but can't filter/distill scary-looking protozoa from fresh water?
Bice
2017-06-01 20:58:54 UTC
On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 11:48:05 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod
Post by Doug Elrod
Post by Bice
Still haven't seen any of the new episodes yet, since I don't have
Netflix.
Perhaps you need to acquire a friend who has Netflix. I mean, the revival of MST3K is just THAT GOOD! ;-)
My plan is to either wait for all of season 11 to be available and
then do the free preview month and watch 'em all, or just buy the
MST3K episodes on DVD when they come out (probably the latter).

I checked out Netflix when Comcast did their "Watchathon" week and
just couldn't find enough worthwhile stuff on it to justify paying $8
a month (or whatever it's up to now) for it.

-- Bob