Episodes Begin Running on Retro-TV this Week
Chris "Sampo" Cornell
2014-06-29 16:28:59 UTC
As first announced in March, Retro-TV will begin showing MST3K episodes
on Saturdays, starting July 5.

What is RetroTV? It¹s one of those networks that sprang up after local
TV affiliates were all required to go digital. It runs over-the-air on
local affiliates¹ digital sub-channels and low-power stations. Not to be
confused with Me-TV and other similar services.

Since we announced this, there were some rights issues -- dull surprise!
-- and the new lineup of episodes is:
103- The Mad Monster
105- The Corpse Vanishes
211- First Spaceship On Venus
301- Cave Swellers
303- Pod People
320- The Unearthly
323- The Castle of Fu Manchu
402- The Giant Gila Monster
409- The Indestructible Man
412- Hercules And The Captive Women
419- The Rebel Set
424- Manos: The Hands of Fate
504- Secret Agent Super Dragon
506- Eegah!
507- I Accuse My Parents
511- Gunslinger
517- Beginning of the End
518- The Atomic Brain
610- The Violent Years
616- Racket Girls?
619- Red Zone Cuba
701- Night Of The Blood Beast
812- The Incredibly Strange CreaturesŠ
908- The Touch of Satan
1002- Girl in Gold Boots
1009- Hamlet

They have added: Cave Dwellers, Pod People, Secret Agent Super Dragon
and Eegah!

Removed from the list are: Space Mutiny, Time Chasers, Overdrawn at the
Memory Bank and Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders.

The schedule for the next two months:
July 5: The Mad Monster
July 12: The Corpse Vanishes
July 19: First Spaceship On Venus
July 26: The Unearthly
August 2: Cave Dwellers
August 9: Pod People
August 16: The Castle of Fu Manchu
August 23: The Giant Gila Monster
August 30: The Indestructible Man

Does Retro-TV have an affiliate in your area? Check here:
http://www.myretrotv.com/affiliates--schedules.html

No affiliate in your area? Write/email all the TV stations in your area
and ask them to add Retro-TV to their digital lineup. Or don't.

As somebody on Twitter said "I don't have an affiliate in my area and I
have all the episodes, but it's just nice to know that somewhere,
somebody is showing MST3K on TV.

Sampo
Salvatore
2014-06-30 21:16:20 UTC
Post by Chris "Sampo" Cornell
Removed from the list are: Space Mutiny, Time Chasers, Overdrawn at the
Memory Bank and Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders.
That's a disappointment. "Space Mutiny" is arguably the best Mike-era
episode. The riffs literally started from the first opening credit and
didn't stop until the very last end credit, and the DVD (pulled in 2010)
included an introduction from Mike himself.
Post by Chris "Sampo" Cornell
As somebody on Twitter said "I don't have an affiliate in my area and I
have all the episodes, but it's just nice to know that somewhere,
somebody is showing MST3K on TV.
Ever since Amazon Prime started charging for the MST3K episodes I've
been looking for a place to (legitimately) watch them for free. I'll
have to break out a UHF antenna to pick up that station, but thanks.
--
Blah blah bleh...
GCS/CM d(-)@>-- s+:- !a C++$ UBL++++$ L+$ W+++$ w M++ Y++ b++
Bice
2014-07-14 10:36:34 UTC
On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 12:28:59 -0400, "Chris \"Sampo\" Cornell"
Post by Chris "Sampo" Cornell
As first announced in March, Retro-TV will begin showing MST3K episodes
on Saturdays, starting July 5.
What is RetroTV? It¹s one of those networks that sprang up after local
TV affiliates were all required to go digital. It runs over-the-air on
local affiliates¹ digital sub-channels and low-power stations. Not to be
confused with Me-TV and other similar services.
Since we announced this, there were some rights issues -- dull surprise!
103- The Mad Monster
105- The Corpse Vanishes
211- First Spaceship On Venus
Thanks for posting this - I had no idea my cable provider even carried
RetroTV, but I was able to set up the Tivo to record "The Corpse
Vanishes" this weekend (unfortunately I didn't see this until after
Mad Monster had already aired). Since I never had access to Comedy
Central until after they had dropped MST3K, I've only seen most of
these early episodes as nth-generation VHS copies, so it's great to
see a clean broadcast.

I tried to set up a Tivo season pass to record it whenever it comes
on, but the guide just listed this episode as "Movie". They've
updated next week's showing to "Mystery Science Theater", so I
set up a season pass on that one.
Post by Chris "Sampo" Cornell
301- Cave Swellers
Is this a movie about people who think caves are swell, or an
evil organization who has found a way to swell up people's caves?
Post by Chris "Sampo" Cornell
303- Pod People
320- The Unearthly
323- The Castle of Fu Manchu
402- The Giant Gila Monster
409- The Indestructible Man
412- Hercules And The Captive Women
419- The Rebel Set
424- Manos: The Hands of Fate
504- Secret Agent Super Dragon
506- Eegah!
507- I Accuse My Parents
511- Gunslinger
517- Beginning of the End
518- The Atomic Brain
610- The Violent Years
616- Racket Girls?
619- Red Zone Cuba
701- Night Of The Blood Beast
812- The Incredibly Strange CreaturesŠ
908- The Touch of Satan
1002- Girl in Gold Boots
1009- Hamlet
Now we just need to find a way to convince RetroTV to finance
some new episodes.

-- Bob "Bice" Eichler
Bice
2014-07-30 01:30:42 UTC
Post by Chris "Sampo" Cornell
As first announced in March, Retro-TV will begin showing MST3K episodes
on Saturdays, starting July 5.
211- First Spaceship On Venus
Did anyone else watch this, and if so was the audio really weird?
During the movie, they had the riffing entirely in the left channel
and the movie's audio entirely in the right channel. The host
segments were similarly odd, with some characters on one side of
the audio spectrum and others on the other side. Nothing at all
in the middle.

Was the episode originally broadcast on Comedy Central that way?

-- Bob "Bice" Eichler
weary flake
2014-07-30 17:08:50 UTC
Post by Chris "Sampo" Cornell
As first announced in March, Retro-TV will begin showing MST3K episodes
on Saturdays, starting July 5.
211- First Spaceship On Venus
Did anyone else watch this, and if so was the audio really weird?
During the movie, they had the riffing entirely in the left channel
and the movie's audio entirely in the right channel. The host
segments were similarly odd, with some characters on one side of
the audio spectrum and others on the other side. Nothing at all
in the middle.
Was the episode originally broadcast on Comedy Central that way?
I've never seen this episode on TV but I checked the Shout DVD
(20th Anniversary box) I have with headphones, and it has normal sound.
Did the Retro-TV broadcast have strange sound throughout or is it
only on certain sections?
Bice
2014-07-30 21:13:09 UTC
Post by Chris "Sampo" Cornell
As first announced in March, Retro-TV will begin showing MST3K episodes
on Saturdays, starting July 5.
211- First Spaceship On Venus
Did anyone else watch this, and if so was the audio really weird?
During the movie, they had the riffing entirely in the left channel
and the movie's audio entirely in the right channel. The host
segments were similarly odd, with some characters on one side of
the audio spectrum and others on the other side. Nothing at all
in the middle.
Was the episode originally broadcast on Comedy Central that way?
I've never seen this episode on TV but I checked the Shout DVD
(20th Anniversary box) I have with headphones, and it has normal sound.
Did the Retro-TV broadcast have strange sound throughout or is it
only on certain sections?
It's all the way through. The movie segments have the riffing
entirely in the left channel and the movie soundtrack entirely in
the right channel. The host segments have Joel, Crow and Servo's
voices entirely in the left channel and everything else (Magic
Voice, background sounds, etc) entirely in the right channel.

It's really odd, and makes the episode somewhat difficult to watch.
I wonder how it ended up that way.

For what it's worth, I just checked the recording of Cave Dwellers
that recorded last weekend and it has normal audio.

-- Bob