RiffTrax on actual TV?
Doug Elrod
2014-03-25 19:31:22 UTC
On April 1, 2014 (if you can believe that), National Geographic Channel is airing three episodes of a program produced by the RiffTrax people, "Total Riff Off". The hour-long episodes are "Killer Shrimp N' Friends", "Demon Bat", and "Guy and a Goose". The description of the first (from TitanTV.com) is
-----
The channel celebrates April Fools' Day by allowing the creators of "Mystery Science Theater 3000" to add commentary with their special flair to segments from "Bad @$$ Animals," "Unlikely Animal Friends" and "My Dog Ate What?"
-----
-Doug Elrod (***@cornell.edu) (!)
Joseph Nebus
2014-03-26 17:12:56 UTC
On April 1, 2014 (if you can believe that), National Geographic Channel is =
airing three episodes of a program produced by the RiffTrax people, "Total =
Riff Off". The hour-long episodes are "Killer Shrimp N' Friends", "Demon B=
at", and "Guy and a Goose". The description of the first (from TitanTV.com=
) is
-----
The channel celebrates April Fools' Day by allowing the creators of "Myster=
y Science Theater 3000" to add commentary with their special flair to segme=
"
-----
Between this and the RetroTV announcement ... man, remember
every loopy idea that was floating around ratmm back when the show was
cancelled in 1999? Except for the riffing on comic books one, they've
all *happened* now.
--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Latest: What Are The Chances Of An Upset? http://wp.me/p1RYhY-yd
Doug Elrod
2014-04-05 20:22:32 UTC
I enjoyed these shows. I think I laughed out loud at least once per hour. Although, the National Geographic Channel archives might not be as rich a vein to mine as the Vast Decaying Pile of Cheesy Movies (no doubt organisms are evolving to digest the VDPoCM even now! ;-))

-Doug Elrod (***@cornell.edu)