To Catch a Yeti: Rifftrax: this must be a DVD candidate!
unknown
2015-05-02 03:02:40 UTC
goto rifftrax.com and check out the sampler riff
for the movie To Catch a Yeti (1995), a TV movie
with a cute little monster in it; I havn't seen
the movie yet, but this looks a lot better than,
say, Purple People Eater (1988). This Rifftrax To
Catch a Yeti clips are non-live and pretty funny
and this badly needs to be on DVD. I've seen one
of the Rifftrax LIVE DVDs and two of the Cinematic
Titanic LIVE DVDs and I dislike the LIVE DVDs for
technical reasons. Rifftrax non-live DVDs are
especially good because you get the entire original
movie on the same disc as a bonus. To Catch a Yeti
is a "rare" movie because it's never been on DVD.

on my youtube movie watchlist:

To Catch a Yeti (1995):

Ganjasaurus (1987):

I've seen Purple People Eater (1988) elsewhere, but
here's a youtube link:

Andrew Morris
2015-05-16 23:41:37 UTC
Post by unknown
goto rifftrax.com and check out the sampler riff
for the movie To Catch a Yeti (1995), a TV movie
with a cute little monster in it; I havn't seen
the movie yet, but this looks a lot better than,
say, Purple People Eater (1988). This Rifftrax To
Catch a Yeti clips are non-live and pretty funny
and this badly needs to be on DVD.
Oh, if you haven't seen the movie yet, you're in for a treat.

Just to start with (after we get past the fact that it's basically
about Meat Loaf chasing after a troll doll), it's supposed to be taking
place in New York City, but as often is the case, it's filmed in
Toronto instead. probably for tax reasons. Fine. I've never been to New
York, so I'd be easy to fool. Yes, it's plainly a Canadian Greyhound
bus that takes our heroine into the city in pursuit of said cute little
monster, but, y'know, such things could happen. New York state borders
Ontario. I'll buy that there could be a cross-border bus.

But as a general rule, if you're going to set your movie outside of
Canada, it's probably not a good policy to take product placement money
from VIA Rail, the Canadian passenger railroad. And it's definitely not
good policy to then have your protagonists jump on the VIA train at
Toronto Union Station, complete with loving, lingering shots on the
locomotive's "VIA Rail" logo, in an attempt to leave New York City for
"upstate."
--
Andrew "Retro-Man" Morris
***@gmail.com