OT: The Dukes of Hazzard ... in London! (vomit)
Jonah Falcon
2005-08-31 04:42:07 UTC
The 'Dukes' Head for London

The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
planning to set the sequel in London. Jessica Simpson, who played sexy
Daisy Duke in the movie adaptation of the hit TV show, reveals she
can't wait to get back in character, especially if the film crosses the
Atlantic. She tells website SkyNews.com, "They would be lost in London.
I think Daisy and those crazy boys will have a great time in the UK."

* * *

Why, Lord, why? What offense did we outrage you with ... oh, the
original TV series.

Jonah Falcon
Joseph Nebus
2005-08-31 15:38:33 UTC
Post by Jonah Falcon
The 'Dukes' Head for London
The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
planning to set the sequel in London. Jessica Simpson, who played sexy
Daisy Duke in the movie adaptation of the hit TV show, reveals she
can't wait to get back in character, especially if the film crosses the
Atlantic. She tells website SkyNews.com, "They would be lost in London.
I think Daisy and those crazy boys will have a great time in the UK."
Lost nothing; Boss Hogg had Roscoe swap the signs around so
the Dukes would fall so far behind schedule they couldn't win the race
around the world, is what happened. Sheesh.
Joseph nebus
Doug Elrod
2005-08-31 17:25:42 UTC
Post by Jonah Falcon
The 'Dukes' Head for London
The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
planning to set the sequel in London.
[snip]

I wonder if the TV series ever went to London. I remember that
"Beverly Hillbillies" did. As for movies, I imagine they're following
in the footsteps of "Shanghai Knights". I guess once you've worked
through a particular comic scenario, you can get JUST A BIT MORE
MILEAGE out of it by adding the wacky cross-cultural hijinks
of *LONDON*!

-Doug Elrod (***@cornell.edu)
P.S. It's sad to see New Orleans' Superdome in its current state.
For a peek at better days (of a fashion), see "SUPERDOME"
(<http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0078345/>), which was used for an
MST3K KTMA episode.
Derek Janssen
2005-08-31 22:33:55 UTC
Post by Doug Elrod
Post by Jonah Falcon
The 'Dukes' Head for London
The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
planning to set the sequel in London.
[snip]
I wonder if the TV series ever went to London. I remember that
"Beverly Hillbillies" did. As for movies, I imagine they're following
in the footsteps of "Shanghai Knights".
Maybe they'll run into the Police Academy crew and Agent Cody Banks,
while they're at it...

Derek Janssen (whatever happened to the days when sequels used to Go
Hawaii?)
***@charter.net
Doug Elrod
2005-08-31 20:02:59 UTC
Post by Derek Janssen
Post by Doug Elrod
Post by Jonah Falcon
The 'Dukes' Head for London
The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
planning to set the sequel in London.
[snip]
I wonder if the TV series ever went to London. I remember that
"Beverly Hillbillies" did. As for movies, I imagine they're following
in the footsteps of "Shanghai Knights".
Maybe they'll run into the Police Academy crew and Agent Cody Banks,
while they're at it...
_Run into_ is right. With the "driving on the left" and all, their
first "yeehaw" General Lee jump is likely to smash right into
their English counterparts, going the other direction! Plot point:
The dukes in England turn out to be *Dukes*!
Post by Derek Janssen
Derek Janssen (whatever happened to the days when sequels used to Go
Hawaii?)
It opens exciting possibilities about car-jumps between the islands!

-Doug Elrod (***@cornell.edu) ;-)
Derek Janssen
2005-08-31 23:17:02 UTC
Post by Doug Elrod
Post by Derek Janssen
Post by Doug Elrod
Post by Jonah Falcon
The 'Dukes' Head for London
The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
planning to set the sequel in London.
[snip]
Maybe they'll run into the Police Academy crew and Agent Cody Banks,
while they're at it...
Derek Janssen (whatever happened to the days when sequels used to Go
Hawaii?)
It opens exciting possibilities about car-jumps between the islands!
Still, they say that green-lighting a sequel on Monday morning is like
proposing while drunk--
One little error of judgment while riding the moment, and you regret it
for life...

Derek Janssen
***@charter.net
Stephen Cooke
2005-09-01 03:07:36 UTC
It won't hold a candle to Munster Go Home.

swac
Craig J. Clark
2005-09-01 05:00:19 UTC
Post by Derek Janssen
Post by Doug Elrod
Post by Jonah Falcon
The 'Dukes' Head for London
The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
planning to set the sequel in London.
[snip]
I wonder if the TV series ever went to London. I remember that
"Beverly Hillbillies" did. As for movies, I imagine they're following
in the footsteps of "Shanghai Knights".
Maybe they'll run into the Police Academy crew and Agent Cody Banks,
while they're at it...
Not to mention the "Facts of Life" crew and the Keaton family from
"Family Ties."

--Craig J. Clark,
whose head is filled with so much useless information sometimes it
astonishes even him
Andrew
2005-09-01 20:37:41 UTC
"Craig J. Clark" <***@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:DVvRe.4972$***@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
: Derek Janssen wrote:
: > Doug Elrod wrote:
: >
: >>> The 'Dukes' Head for London
: >>>
: >>> The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
: >>> planning to set the sequel in London.
: >>
: >> [snip]
: >>
:
: Not to mention the "Facts of Life" crew and the Keaton family from
: "Family Ties."

And Lizzie McGuire, and the Olsen Twins. And Madonna, too.

:

---Andrew "And I suppose Harry Potter too." Kunz.
Derek Janssen
2005-09-02 02:33:06 UTC
Post by Andrew
: >
: >>> The 'Dukes' Head for London
: >>>
: >>> The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
: >>> planning to set the sequel in London.
: >>
: >> [snip]
: >>
: >> I wonder if the TV series ever went to London. I remember that
: >> "Beverly Hillbillies" did. As for movies, I imagine they're following
: >> in the footsteps of "Shanghai Knights".
: >
: > Maybe they'll run into the Police Academy crew and Agent Cody Banks,
: > while they're at it...
: Not to mention the "Facts of Life" crew and the Keaton family from
: "Family Ties."
And Lizzie McGuire, and the Olsen Twins. And Madonna, too.
And the Griswold family, still running over Eric Idle.

Derek Janssen (and it's STILL FUNNY!)
***@charter.net
DON3k
2005-09-21 19:36:12 UTC
Post by Jonah Falcon
The 'Dukes' Head for London
Gee, if it's half as good as the Bundy's go to London, then it will be
twice as bad!

Joy!

Hell, Columbo in London is the only, "...goes to London" I can think of
that was any good.

-----
DON3k

Doug Elrod
2014-03-07 22:22:44 UTC
Post by Jonah Falcon
The 'Dukes' Head for London
The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are
planning to set the sequel in London. Jessica Simpson, who played sexy
Daisy Duke in the movie adaptation of the hit TV show, reveals she
can't wait to get back in character, especially if the film crosses the
Atlantic. She tells website SkyNews.com, "They would be lost in London.
I think Daisy and those crazy boys will have a great time in the UK."
* * *
Why, Lord, why? What offense did we outrage you with ... oh, the
original TV series.
Jonah Falcon
Not to be confused with the DUKES OF SEPTEMBER, who RULE, at least over that area of spacetime commonly known as *September*!

I just wonder if other THINGS, or ABSTRACT CONCEPTS, have royalty... And if so, would reality itself be constantly in jeopardy, as was the case with SPRING SPRITES!

-Doug Elrod (***@cornell.edu)
So, who rules over OCTOBER, I wonder....