Joel's fourth apperance on Saturday Night Live
Bice
2024-01-30 12:57:48 UTC
This is a long shot, but does anyone know when Joel's fourth apperance
on SNL was, or who the host was? I've been working on digitizing some
old VHS tapes and found one with his four Saturday Night Live stand-up
appearances. Based on the guest hosts that introduce him and a couple
YouTube clips, I've been able to identify the first three, but the
fourth one is eluding me:

1. Nov 12, 1983 with Terry Garr as host -

2. Dec 10, 1983 with Flip Wilson as host (no YouTube clip available)

3. Feb 18, 1984 with Jamie Lee Curtis as host -

4. date unknown, host unknown (no YouTube clip available)

On my VHS tape, the fourth one has a brief bit of the host introducing
Joel, and I could swear she looks and sounds like Elayne Boosler, but
I can't find anything online that says she ever hosted SNL.

-- Bob
Bice
2024-01-30 16:04:39 UTC
On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 12:57:48 GMT,
Post by Bice
This is a long shot, but does anyone know when Joel's fourth apperance
on SNL was, or who the host was?
4. date unknown, host unknown (no YouTube clip available)
Never mind, I finally found the info on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Live_(season_9)

Last episode of the season, hosting duty was shared by Billy Crystal,
Ed Koch, Edwin Newman, Father Guido Sarducci and Betty Thomas. Joel
Hodgson listed as guest appearance. I'm pretty sure it was Thomas who
introduced Joel. Air date was May 12, 1984.

-- Bob